Psalms Of David 26-30 COS

 The

Psalms Of David

In Metre

According To

The Version

Approved By

The Church Of Scotland

And Appointed To Be Used In Worship. 

Psalm 26.

   1  Judge me, O Lord, for I have walked
         in mine integrity:
      I trusted also in the Lord;
         slide therefore shall not I.

   2  Examine me, and do me prove;
         try heart and reins, O God:
   3  For thy love is before mine eyes,
         thy truth's paths I have trod.

   4  With persons vain I have not sat,
         nor with dissemblers gone:
   5  Th' assembly of ill men I hate;
         to sit with such I shun.

   6  Mine hands in innocence, O Lord,
         I'll wash and purify;
      So to thine holy altar go,
         and compass it will I:

   7  That I, with voice of thanksgiving,
         may publish and declare,
      And tell of all thy mighty works,
         that great and wondrous are.

   8  The habitation of thy house,
         Lord, I have loved well;
      Yea, in that place I do delight
         where doth thine honor dwell.

   9  With sinners gather not my soul,
         and such as blood would spill:
  10  Whose hands mischievous plots, right hand
         corrupting bribes do fill.

  11  But as for me, I will walk on
         in mine integrity:
      Do thou redeem me, and, O Lord,
         be merciful to me.

  12  My foot upon an even place
         doth stand with steadfastness:
      Within the congregations
         th' Eternal I will bless.

Psalm 27.

   1  The Lord's my light and saving health,
         who shall make me dismayed?
      My life's strength is the Lord, of whom
         then shall I be afraid?

   2  When as mine enemies and foes,
         most wicked persons all,
      To eat my flesh against me rose,
         they stumbled and did fall.

   3  Against me though an host encamp,
         my heart yet fearless is:
      Though  war against me rise, I will
         be confident in this.

   4  One thing I of the Lord desired,
         and will seek to obtain,
      That all days of my life I may
         within God's house remain;

      That I the beauty of the Lord
         behold may and admire,
      And that I in his holy place
         may rev'rently enquire.

   5  For he in his pavilion shall
         me hide in evil days;
      In secret of his tent me hide,
         and on a rock me raise.

   6  And now, ev'n at this present time,
         mine head shall lifted be
      Above all those that are my foes,
         and round encompass me:

      Therefore unto his tabernacle
         I'll sacrifices bring
      Of joyfulness; I'll sing, yea, I
         to God will praises sing.

   7  O Lord, give ear unto my voice,
         when I do cry to thee;
      Upon me also mercy have,
         and do thou answer me.

   8  When thou didst say, seek ye my face,
         then unto thee reply
      Thus did my heart, above all things
         thy face, Lord, seek will I.

   9  Far from me hide not thou thy face;
         put not away from thee
      Thy servant in thy wrath: thou hast
         an helper been to me.

      O God of my salvation,
         leave me not, nor forsake:
  10  Though me my parents both should leave,
         the Lord will me up take.

  11  O Lord, instruct me in thy way,
         to me a leader be
      In a plain path, because of those
         that hatred bear to me.

  12  Give me not to mine en'mies' will;
         for witnesses that lie
      Against me risen are, and such
         as breathe out cruelty.

  13  I fainted had, unless that I
         believed had to see
      The Lord's own goodness in the land
         of them that living be.

  14  Wait on the Lord, and be thou strong,
         and he shall strength afford
      Unto thine heart; yea, do thou wait,
         I say, upon the Lord.

Psalm 28.

   1  To thee I'll cry, O Lord, my rock;
         hold not thy peace to me;
      Lest like those that to pit descend
         I by thy silence be.

   2  The voice hear of my humble pray'rs,
         when unto thee I cry;
      When to thine holy oracle
         I lift mine hands on high.

   3  With ill men draw me not away
         that work iniquity;
      That speak peace to their friends, while in
         their hearts doth mischief lie.

   4  Give them according to their deeds
         and ills endeavored:
      And as their handy-works deserve,
         to them be rendered.

   5  God shall not build, but them destroy,
         who would not understand
      The Lord's own works, nor did regard
         the doing of his hand.

   6  For ever blessed be the Lord,
         for graciously he heard
      The voice of my petitions,
         and prayers did regard.

   7  The Lord's my strength and shield; my heart
         upon him did rely;
      And I am helped: hence my heart
         doth joy exceedingly,

      And with my song I will him praise.
   8     My strength is God alone:
      He also is the saving strength
         of his anointed one.

   9  O thine own people do thou save,
         bless thine inheritance;
      Them also do thou feed, and them
         for evermore advance.

Psalm 29.

    1  Give ye unto the Lord, ye sons
         that of the mighty be,
      All strength and glory to the Lord
         with cheerfulness give ye.

   2  Unto the Lord the glory give
         that to his name is due;
      And in the beauty of holiness
         unto Jehovah bow.

   3  The Lord's voice on the waters is;
         the God of majesty
      Doth thunder, and on multitudes
         of waters sitteth he.

   4  A pow'rful voice it is that comes
         out from the Lord most high;
      The voice of that great Lord is full
         of glorious majesty.

   5  The voice of the Eternal doth
         asunder cedars tear;
      Yea, God the Lord doth cedars break
         that Lebanon doth bear.

   6  He makes them like a calf to skip,
          ev'n that great Lebanon,
      And, like to a young unicorn,
          the mountain Sirion.

   7  God's voice divides the flames of fire;
   8     The desert it doth shake:
      The Lord doth make the wilderness
         of Kadesh all to quake.

   9  God's voice doth make the hinds to calve,
         it makes the forest bare:
      And in his temple ev'ry one
         his glory doth declare.

  10  The Lord sits on the floods; the Lord
         sits King, and ever shall.
  11  The Lord will give his people strength,
         and with peace bless them all.

Psalm 30.

   1  Lord, I will thee extol, for thou
         hast lifted me on high,
      And over me thou to rejoice
         mad'st not mine enemy.

   2  O thou who art the Lord my God,
         I in distress to thee,
      With loud cries lifted up my voice,
         and thou hast healed me.

   3  O Lord, my soul thou hast brought up,
         and rescued from the grave;
      That I to pit should not go down,
         alive thou didst me save.

   4  O ye that are his holy ones,
         sing praise unto the Lord;
      And give unto him thanks, when ye
         his holiness record.

   5  For but a moment lasts his wrath;
         life in his favor lies:
      Weeping may for a night endure,
         at morn doth joy arise.

   6  In my prosperity I said,
         that nothing shall me move.
   7  O Lord, thou hast my mountain made
         to stand strong by thy love:

      But when that thou, O gracious God,
         didst hide thy face from me,
      Then quickly was my prosp'rous state
         turned into misery.

   8  Wherefore unto the Lord my cry
         I caused to ascend:
      My humble supplication
         I to the Lord did send.

   9  What profit is there in my blood,
         when I go down to pit?
      Shall unto thee the dust give praise?
         thy truth declare shall it?

  10  Hear, Lord, have mercy; help me, Lord:
  11     Thou turned hast my sadness
      To dancing; yea, my sackcloth loosed,
         and girded me with gladness;

  12  That sing thy praise my glory may,
         and never silent be.
      O Lord my God, for evermore
         I will give thanks to thee.

Psalms 31-35

The Psalms Of David In Metre By The Church Of Scotland

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalms Of David In Metre Introduction

The Psalms Of David In Metre Table Of Contents

Psalms Of Isaac Watts And Psalms Of David Introduction